The 8 vitamins of vitamin group B are essential for the correct conversion of food into energy for the body and are catalysts for a wide number of biochemical processes in our body, which help to:
- Healthy skin, helping proper wound healing
- Strong hair
- Regulation of the nervous system, helping processes of anxiety, stress and depression, and even in cases of back pain because it is essential for the spinal cord, as well as for the brain
- Improvement of blood cholesterol levels, especially vitamin B12, lowering the risk of stroke, and avoiding high blood pressure.
- Decreased frequency of migraines according to some studies, especially B6, B9 and B12.
Group B vitamins are found in the following foods:
- Vitamin B1 or thiamine: whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, trout, tuna, eggs, meat
- Vitamin B2 or riboflavin: dairy, yeast, meat, cereals, legumes, green leafy vegetables
- Vitamin B3 or niacin: dairy, eggs, fish, nuts, rice, legumes
- Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid: broccoli, liver, kidneys, eggs
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine: poultry, fish, bananas, chickpeas, potatoes, avocado
- Vitamin B7 or biotin: nuts, peanuts, dairy, eggs, cauliflower, sardines
- Vitamin B9 or folic acid: green leafy vegetables, legumes, citrus
- Vitamin B12 or combalamin: salmon, meat, liver, seafood, eggs, dairy
If you are a smoker or a regular drinker of alcohol, the body assimilates it with greater difficulty, so you must bear in mind that you need more foods with vitamin B to have acceptable levels.
The usual recommendation: variable and balanced diet, in not excessive amounts will allow you to consume the recommended amounts.
You can always take a vitamin supplement but it won't be as tasty and fun as a food.
And you must bear in mind that the consumption of any vitamin supplement should be consulted with a doctor to certify that it has no possible side effects. And doctors know a lot just by looking at us:
The side effects of an excessive intake of B vitamins are:
- Increased menstrual bleeding
- Liver problems
- Low blood pressure
- Raise blood sugar levels: especially dangerous in people with diabetes or high blood sugar levels
- Bright yellow urine